Re: Keeping schema static as objects are added

From: <sergei.sheinin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:38:48 -0800 (PST)

 > EAV is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad idea, and if your language has
> no use beyond dealing with EAV, then it is at best pointless.
>

> Eric

EAV is used in the platform to keep hierarchical metadata and program code. Same mechanism accommodates table data as a feature and interfaces with 3NF tables.

My lesson from posting here is that I must do a better presentation of a language of higher level in respect to procedural SQL and with ability to update programming logic without affecting underlying schema. Storing app data in EAV is not what I set out to do (I did it first time one dozen years ago). Thanks everyone. Received on Wed Nov 28 2012 - 04:38:48 CET

Original text of this message