Re: Question on Structuring Product Attributes

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 06:33:13 -0700 (PDT)

>> would never put application developers in a position to work with anything but base tables (INSTEAD-OF triggers??? blech!) <<

While I do not like any kind of TRIGGER, I disagree. Developers are the guys who need VIEWs, not application users. If you let developers use VIEWs, then they all do complicated things the same way. If they all write their own code, you get slightly diffrence versions. My personal favorite was the equivalent of " age > 18" versus "age >= 18" in all the permutatisn of a a five table join. Received on Sun Oct 23 2011 - 15:33:13 CEST

Original text of this message