Re: boolean datatype ... wtf?

From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:18:27 -0700 (PDT)

On 6 okt, 13:43, Hugo Kornelis <h..._at_perFact.REMOVETHIS.info.INVALID> wrote:

> This terminology mismatch supports my
> idea that many database developers tend to forget who they develop for.
> (And who pays their salary).
> Too many ideas vented by database developers (and database development
> academics) focus on what's good for the database developer rather than
> what's good for the peron I call the "end user" (you forgot to tell me
> how you call him or her). But let's not drift too far off-topic.

When I read this, I couldn't help but be mused at the thought that my ideas are being objected to on the grounds that it leads to "an explosion of relvar names" (that the database developer in question is not willing to have to remember). Whose comfort are those opponents thinking of ?

(And I find "end user" a good term to denote the end user.) Received on Wed Oct 06 2010 - 20:18:27 CEST

Original text of this message