Re: The original version

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 4, 11:46 pm, vldm10 <vld..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> A much more important question here is what is time? Is time even an
> attribute of an entity? In my paper time is defined as knowledge about
> an attribute or knowledge about a a fact. In my paper an entity has
> only intrinsic properties. My approach to time differs  significantly
> from others’. In section 3.1 of my paper changes in the real world are
> defined on the level of two types of information: information about an
> event when something begins and information about an event when
> something ends. All changes are defined by these two events. Because a
> database is part of the real world, changes in the values of
> attributes in the database are defined by these two events.

In fact in the above text is not about a time, it is about the two mentioned events. Only these events change a state. This implies that each data in my solution corresponds exactly to one of the two mentioned events from the real world. Binary structures enable us to associate one attribute and many combinations of these two events. For example, we can associate events in the real world and corresponding events associated to the attribute in the corresponding database. Or we can associate events in the real world and events in a processor (or any hardware) where this attribute was processed (Note that processors are part of the real world).
In my paper (see Section 6.3) I suggest that these two events and the corresponding data should be processed using Constructor and ClosingConstructor. This means that we need a language which has a declarative part and a procedural part, sql + procedural language. The declarative part should work with derived and existing data (see “Derived data” section 6.1 in my paper), while the procedural part should work with New Data (see “New data” section 6.2). I have only roughly presented this language.

(snip)

> Another important question related to these events is theoretical. If
> we measure the two above events with the help of another system of
> events – for instance with events that create seconds – then the
> system with seconds must have faster creating and closing second-
> events, otherwise measuring by seconds is incorrect.

Here with a simplified example we show a new approach to time. Here we measure one pair of events with the help of another pair of events. In other words, I measure the state of an attribute with a state I take as a unit of measure. Therefore, if I chose the “second event” as the unit of measure, then the “second event” must happen quicker than the one that I wish to measure with seconds ( here, the term second refers to the unit of time, 60seconds = 1 minute).

Note that I defined these two events in my paper from 2005 at http://www.dbdesign10.com and also in my paper from 2008, section 3.1 at http://www.dbdesign11.com .

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Fri Oct 01 2010 - 22:46:09 CEST

Original text of this message