Re: RM VERY STRONG SUGGESTION 4: TRANSITION CONSTRAINTS

From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

On 10 sep, 21:48, Brian <br..._at_selzer-software.com> wrote:
> So you agree that
>
> <relvar target> := <relation exp>;
>
> and

> are the same?
>
> <snip>- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I just obtained a copy of Date's "Logic and Databases".

One of the introductory chapters is about "equality, equivalence and identity". An example in that chapter discusses how "2x-1=x+4" and "x=5" are not "the same", even though if the former is solved using the usual rules of equation solving, you do obtain the latter as an outcome.

'nuff said. Received on Wed Sep 15 2010 - 19:29:09 CEST

Original text of this message