Re: RM VERY STRONG SUGGESTION 4: TRANSITION CONSTRAINTS

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 00:23:25 GMT

On 07/09/2010 3:14 PM, Reinier Post wrote:
> Brian Seltzer wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> There is a mapping from every tuple in a database to something in the
>> microworld that is being modeled, but more importantly, every tuple
>> maps to something that has a location in time if not also space.
>
> Where exctly is 'there'?

That doesn't matter. There is no useful mapping unless it is recorded.   Eg., there is not 'time' in a db unless it is recorded. Brian S has a mental block about this. (For the sake of newcomers, this needs to be repeated once in a while. We all have various mental blocks, but most of us stop harping about them after a while.) Received on Wed Sep 08 2010 - 02:23:25 CEST

Original text of this message