Re: The original version

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 02:54:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 5, 2:41 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> vldm10 wrote:
> > The authors of Anchor Modeling state that their model is based on the
> > Sixth Normal Form. However, 6NF cannot secure binary structures. Let
> > us consider a relation with five attributes that are mutually
> > independent. This relation is in 6NF , thus it cannot be further
> > decomposed. If we wish to get the history for each of its attributes,
> > things become very complicated.
>
> Huh? Do you know what 6NF is?

I guess I know?
Do you know what 6NF is?

6NF is defined by the authors of the “Anchor Modeling” as follows: A table is in 6NF iff it satisfies no nontrivial join dependencies at all.
( http://www.anchormodeling.com/tiedostot/6nf.pdf )

Maybe you can explain your thinking by using this definition?

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Fri Aug 06 2010 - 11:54:18 CEST

Original text of this message