Re: Hashes from composite keys?

From: Karsten Wutzke <kwutzke_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

On 23 Jul., 22:22, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > what are the best practices for generating hash codes from composite
> > keys? I need to mimic something like what a composite index does. In
> > fact, it's for mapping between relational keys and object IDs.
>
> > Can anyone point me into the right direction please?
>
> > Karsten
>
> Yes, I can point you in the right direction. Simply turn completely
> around from what you are trying to do, and go in the opposite direction.

One of the most useless comments on the Usenet I've read in my whole life. Congratulations. You must have a lot of time for writing such a crap. If you think you are cool, you're not.

Anyone else with a useful tip? XORing the individual elements?

Karsten Received on Fri Jul 23 2010 - 22:33:58 CEST

Original text of this message