Re: The original version

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 03:28:32 -0700 (PDT)

On May 26, 10:59 pm, vldm10 <vld..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

In my paper at (4.2.6.1), the schema of a state of an entity is represented by schemas of the following binary concepts:

(4.2.6.1) Schemas of K-concepts;

Ck1 (P,A1, K11,…,K1k,D11,…,D1m);

Ckn (P, An, Kn1,…,Knr, Dn1,…,Dns);
(b) Schema of the E-concept

Ce (P, E, Kp1,…,Kej, Dp1,…,Dps)■

(where P is the concept of the identifier of a state of the entity (or
relationship); E is the concept of the identifier of the entity)

If I put in (4.2.6.1) that P = E (This means entities have only one state), then (4.2.6.1) becomes “Anchor Model”. In fact “Anchor Model” is a worse model; Instead of Kij and Dmn , “Anchor Model” has only T . It seems that authors of “Anchor Modeling” don’t understand what T is in their “model”.

I can get “Anchor Modeling” as consequence of my paper (as I have shown it, in above text). Why then, I have not taken the "Modeling anchor" for my model? Because, it is not a bad idea to know what we do. Now I will show why “Anchor Modeling” is very bad modeling.

For example, in “Anchor Modeling”, all the changes are associated to the same entity. This means that all these different (changed) entities are, in fact, the same entity. And this is in contradiction with Leibniz’s Law. By using this kind of “modeling”, Relational Model and Entity Relationship Model would be unusable. This is nonsense.

Here is a citation from my paper, the paper is at www.dbdesign11.com
(see 7.1.iii) and here is shown the way that changes should be solved:
We have divided all databases into Simple and General databases. We apply General databases when we model states of entities or relationships. We apply Simple databases when we model entities and relationships. In other words we distinguish modeling of entities and relationships from modeling of their states. Thus, these objects are different types and have their corresponding operations. General databases do not have delete and update operations. According to
(3.1), General database modeling supports an insertion only of a new
primitive information.
Quote>>

Note that my procedure described as schema (a), from my message on 26May2010 in this thread, is a fundamental construct for changes of states.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Mon May 31 2010 - 12:28:32 CEST

Original text of this message