Re: General semantics

From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 mei, 23:23, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> In my experience, domain experts will never say "I don't understand your
> picture." They will interpret the picture to match their knowledge of
> the domain and happily change their interpretation in different contexts
> without ever noticing

Don't domain experts fall in the trap too often of "seeking for interpretations of the picture and its symbols that are such that they can say "yes, this matches my business domain" " ?

Just because they think that by saying "yes", they think they facilitate progress, while it is also often true, even if completely counterintuitive, that the best guarantee for genuine progress is to say "no, we halt here" ? Received on Fri May 21 2010 - 23:52:43 CEST

Original text of this message