Re: more algebra

From: <compdb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 23:45:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 8, 10:18 am, Sampo Syreeni <de..._at_iki.fi> wrote:
> say A join_K A=A instead, without renaming attributes.. We want to
> express K_1=K_2 => (A\K)_1=(A\K)_2

Please define this notation in terms of common operators. Preferably by equivalent formal notation not natural language.

> True, this is still hazy logic, but not quite as bad as my previous
> post. And even if it needs emendation, the gist of the argument should
> be clear.

I am interested in knowing what you are trying to say and helping you. But your writing always consists of vague phrases of which it is difficult to impossible to identify or guess the referents. This is exacerbated by misconceptions and histrionics. The way to be clear is to put in the effort to force yourself to be clear,
instead of settling for being unclear.

philip Received on Sat Apr 10 2010 - 08:45:27 CEST

Original text of this message