Re: What´s the algorithm that compresses a 20 digit big int, into 8 bytes ?

From: Rafael Anschau <rafael.anschau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 2:24 pm, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:

> I'd say that comment is a disservice to real mathematicians who could
> make it formal in an eyeblink but probably wouldn't bother.

Why, real mathematicians are always willing to serve by explaining to less experienced mathematicians(anyone who loves math regardless of level of experience academic degrees) the proofs behind their conjectures. They don´t waste their time on usenet trying to ridicule people with a genuine look for knowledge and truth.

> There is a
> book, "Voltaire's Bastards - The dictatorship of Reason in the West"
> which helps to explain why, even for those who value length above all
> else.

I am sure that book makes fun of all the mathematicians who "wouldn´t bother to give proofs".
After all they are "dictated by reason" therefore, according to the title, bastards.

>Good luck finding somebody to debate this with, a new age usenet
> group might be better for that.

You seem to be the anti-reason here, so good luck in your attempts to make fun of people willing to learn. Received on Fri Apr 09 2010 - 19:33:07 CEST

Original text of this message