CFP DATA MINING 2010: new date - until 29 March 2010
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:43:58 -0700 (PDT)
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students
- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (new date): 29 March 2010 --
IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2010
Freiburg, Germany, 28 – 30 July 2010
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2010)
Freiburg, Germany 26 – 31 July 2010
- Keynote Speaker (confirmed): Professor Dominique Laurent, ETIS, Univ. Cergy Pontoise, France
- Conference background and goals The European Conference on Data Mining (ECDM’10) is aimed to gather researchers and application developers from a wide range of data mining related areas such as statistics, computational intelligence, pattern recognition, databases and visualization. ECDM’10 is aimed to advance the state of the art in data mining field and its various real world applications. ECDM’10will provide opportunities for technical collaboration among data mining and machine learning researchers around the globe.
- Format of the Conference The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
- Best Papers Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers and also in the following journals: IJCISIM (International Journal of Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications (ISSN: 2150-7988) and JIAS (Journal of Information Assurance and Security (JIAS) (ISSN:1554-1010).
- Types of submissions Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium. All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
- Topics related to Data Mining are of interest. These include, but
are not limited to the following areas:
- Core Data Mining Topics (Main area)
- Parallel and distributed data mining algorithms
- Data streams mining
- Graph mining
- Spatial data mining
- Text video, multimedia data mining
- Web mining
- Pre-processing techniques
- Security and information hiding in data mining - Data Mining Applications (Main area)
- Image analysis
- Financial modeling
- Social Networks
- Important Dates: - Submission Deadline (new date): 29 March 2010 - Notification to Authors (new date): 30 April 2010 - Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (new date): Until 24 May 2010 - Late Registration (new date): After 24 May 2010 - Conference: Freiburg, Germany, 28 – 30 July 2010
- Conference Location The conference will be held in Freiburg, Germany.
- Secretariat IADIS Secretariat - IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2010 Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3 1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal E-mail: secretariat_at_datamining-conf.org Web site: http://www.datamining-conf.org/
- Program Committee European Conference on Data Mining 2010 Program Chair Ajith P. Abraham, School of Computer Science, Chung-Ang University, South Korea
General MCCSIS 2010 Conference Co-Chairs:
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University),
Dirk Ifenthaler, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.datamining-conf.org/committees.asp Received on Wed Mar 24 2010 - 18:43:58 CET