Re: compound propositions

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:25:38 GMT

Nilone wrote:
> On Mar 17, 4:01 am, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:

>> I would say tuples are abstractions, also that they are not
>> propositions, just partial representations.

> That makes no sense to me. If relations in a database are predicates,
> then the tuples in those relations represent propositions, don't they?

Relations aren't predicates, they satisfy predicates. Yes, tuples do represent propositions, which is what I said above. It is very hard to talk clearly about this stuff when people allow different meanings for the same thing from sentence to sentence. Received on Wed Mar 17 2010 - 15:25:38 CET

Original text of this message