Can't start DAS server after relocating Ingres

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:26:59 -0600

This is weird.

Earlier today I moved the directory containing II_SYSTEM (/opt) to a new drive. Afterwards I was able to start Ingres just fine except for DAS, which wouldn't start. It throws E_GC4805 and E_GC4806 errors.

I didn't need it for what I was doing so I just set the startup count to zero. A few minutes ago I moved everthing back to where it was originally and just for a laugh I restored the starup count to 1. And now DAS starts.

Why would DAS (alone) care which drive it lives on?

II 10.0.0 (a64.lnx/483)NPTL

--
Roy

UK Ingres User Association Conference 2010 will be on Tuesday June 8 2010