Re: Model != World?

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:59:13 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 4, 10:44 pm, Tegiri Nenashi <tegirinena..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse me, but I have a basic question. What is the motivation for
> differentiating the concepts of "World" and "Model"?

Here you can find the precise definition for model for First-order modal logic:
http://drona.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~deepakd/logic/modal_logic.ppt.

and for Higher-order modal logic:
http://comet.lehman.cuny.edu/fitting/bookspapers/pdf/papers/HighOrdPaper.pdf

Definition for model for classical logic is: A model is every structure S = ( A, F, R, C), where A is a non-empty set, (A, F, C) is an algebra and R is set of relations over A.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Tue Jan 05 2010 - 03:59:13 CET

Original text of this message