Re: Fitch's paradox and OWA

From: Daryl McCullough <stevendaryl3016_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2009 19:51:15 -0800

Nam Nguyen says...

>Daryl McCullough wrote:
>> By the way, I haven't thought about it a huge amount, but I
>> don't have any problems with the paradox, because I don't
>> accept the premise: Every true proposition is potentially knowable.
>
>> It seems to me that sufficiently complex true propositions may never
>> be known.
>
>But how can we know it's true in the first place, when its being true
>can't be known?

I didn't say that we can *know* it is true. That's my point---something can be true without anyone knowing that it is true. It might be true, for example, that there is an even number of grains of sand in the world, but we may never find that out. Is e^pi rational? We may never find out.

--
Daryl McCullough
Ithaca, NY