Re: Fitch's paradox and OWA

From: Daryl McCullough <stevendaryl3016_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2009 16:22:50 -0800

By the way, I haven't thought about it a huge amount, but I don't have any problems with the paradox, because I don't accept the premise: Every true proposition is potentially knowable. It seems to me that sufficiently complex true propositions may never be known. Certainly there are candidate mathematical truths, such as Goldbach's conjecture, that we have no idea how to ever prove, so it seems plausible (to me) that we may never come to know that they are true.

--
Daryl McCullough
Ithaca, NY