Re: foreign key constraint versus referential integrity constraint

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:58:38 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> paul c wrote:
>> I usually try to omit at least two out of three of those, otherwise
>> even I can't guess what I'm talking about! Being of a minimalist
>> persuasion, not wanting more concepts than I can handle, I think I'd
>> rather have constraints, unlike CJ Date's, that are applied against
>> values without requiring them to be 'truth-valued' and 'and-ed' if you
>> will. I don't have a good name for this.

> If not truth-valued, what would they be? Either something passes the
> constraint or it doesn't.

Sorry, I've forgotten what I was driving at, I was remembering some notes I made months ago but can't find them right now. I'm sure the notions will come back to me in a day or two. (Natch', I'm also sure you aren't holding your breath!) Received on Fri Oct 30 2009 - 00:58:38 CET

Original text of this message