Re: hamsterdb Transactional Storage (thanks to all of you)

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 02:33:34 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> paul c wrote:
>

>> Bob Badour wrote:
> I am bimetrical or bi-unital or something. I was 9 when Canada switched
> over so I was old enough to have fully internalized imperial units and
> still young enough to fully internalize S.I. At least the day-to-day
> units. I have spent my life since then translating between people older
> and younger than myself.
>
> While I would only ever report force in slug-rods per fortnight squared
> as an act of perverse defiance, I notice google will happily convert
> them to newtons or pounds if asked.

When that switch happened, the price of milk and paint jumped overnight.   Today, it is hard not to pay double for a wrench or socket set because they usually have both SAE and metric sizes. The funny part is that many torque wrenches have dual scales because many mechanics are not able to multiple by four and divide by three nor vice-versa, ironic because those are usually the mechanics who think they don't need a torque wrench. Received on Wed Oct 14 2009 - 04:33:34 CEST

Original text of this message