Re: In defence of the fat database

From: Nilone <>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:04:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 6, 5:39 pm, laurip <> wrote:
> On 6 Okt, 15:44, Nilone <> wrote:
> > Why am I not surprised that a class-based programming language is
> > involved.
> What class-based programming language are you referring to?

Quoting from the article you linked (which seems to have moved, btw):

"But then at the dawn of the new millenium, something happened. And that something misteriously made the role of the DBMS inside a database application project diminish to insignificant. Of course I'm talking about Java and J2EE here now..."

Java, of course, is a class-based object-oriented programming language. Received on Tue Oct 06 2009 - 18:04:51 CEST

Original text of this message