Re: WWW/Internet 2009: 2nd CFP until 21 September x

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 23:10:29 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> Each of those unnamed, implicit, ephemeral tables ...

Ephemeral, that's for sure, the anti-matter of the db world. Even before I learned any of the theory, I had a feeling people who wanted outer join couldn't keep their eye on the ball if they tried and believed they could ride their bicycles backwards even if they'd never actually tried to. Don't know what Codd might have said about it but whatever it is, if it is anything but a brief mental mishap that is forgotten when one sobers up, I can't imagine a join that isn't a concrete inference, too mystical for me. Received on Sat Aug 15 2009 - 18:10:29 CDT

Original text of this message