Re: WWW/Internet 2009: 2nd CFP until 21 September

From: Bob Badour <>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:18:25 -0300

paul c wrote:
> Mr. Scott wrote:

>> "Bob Badour" <> wrote in message
>>> What cycle? And why would anyone care about a referential cycle? It's
>>> not like SQL hasn't had deferred checking for a decade or two.
>> I think it's misleading to say that Sql has deferred checking. Both
>> deferred constraints and subquery in check are optional features of
>> the Sql standard. Neither Sql Server or DB2 support either. Oracle
>> does support deferred constraint checking but not subqueries in check.

> I gather you are no longer talking about sql, but about products.

And as I made clear earlier, the specific limitations of whatever shitty implementation of SQL he's using are irrelevant in a theory newsgroup. For fuck sake, both multi-table constraints and deferred checking have been standard for at least 17 fucking years. ::rolls eyes:: Received on Wed Aug 12 2009 - 22:18:25 CDT

Original text of this message