Re: Getting Normal Forms *wrong*. Is there actual disagreement on what 1NF > 3NF means or is this sloppiness or ignorance on authors' parts?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 02:56:49 GMT

David BL wrote:
> On Aug 8, 8:48 am, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
>

>>  I guess this example is not applicable to trapezoids.

> Every trapezoid is a quadrilateral. The internal angles of a
> quadrilateral always sum to 360 degrees.

It seems you are a subject expert who is not always available to somevbody who is tasked witn comng up with a db desiign. Good for you, but so what? I think anybody who has an app to make, shouldn't have to spend forever trying to figure out what they don't knowl, nor be told that by a kibbizer (no offence intgended, but that could well be the circumstance here)f. What they already know should be the premise(s) of their app, no matter how much more you or a different expert migjht know/. Received on Sat Aug 08 2009 - 04:56:49 CEST

Original text of this message