Re: Entity and Identity

From: Nilone <>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 01:23:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 4, 1:30 am, rp_at_raampje.(none) (Reinier Post) wrote:
> Nilone wrote:
> >I'm opposing OO as implemented in the current suite of mainstream
> >languages - more specifically, I'm opposing the class systems of
> >mainstream languages.  I have no problem with state machines.
> Then how do you express them?  How do you express state change?
> --
> Reinier

I realize that the mechanisms of OO classes are suited (I suppose I'll yield to the point of saying well-suited) to creating state machines. I still believe that some of these mechanisms (e.g. implementation inheritance) are problematic for this purpose. Received on Tue Aug 04 2009 - 10:23:10 CEST

Original text of this message