Re: Entity and Identity

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:30:47 GMT

Walter Mitty wrote:

> I don't get the connection between the enemy's refusal to fight according to
> the battle plan and what is called an "exit strategy".

There are lots of obvious comparisons. A most basic one is (the naive, unthinking, absurd assumption) that a procedural approach, eg., programming perspective, can somehow co-exist with a declarative one. As far as preserving the essence of data is concerned, the procedural (so-called OORDMS or suchlike) people, by their beginning assumptions, set themselves up for disaster before they even start. Subsequently they conclude other nonsense, such as the notion that there is some kind of post-hoc reconciliation possible. Received on Wed Jul 22 2009 - 20:30:47 CEST

Original text of this message