Re: identifying entities across database updates

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 02:23:53 -0300

Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> [snip]
>
>>>     You are agreeing with me.  Turing machines are simple.  Simple
>>>comes at the cost of pretty.  You can add pretty, but then you have
>>>something more complex.
>>
>>Are you saying lambda calculus is more complex?

> No. I was discussing Turing machines.
True, but that's not all you were discussing. You were also discussing
prettiness and elegance. The lambda calculus accomplishes the same as the turing machine only with more beauty and elegance.

I recommend you search the EWD archive for what Dijkstra has to say about elegance. Received on Thu Jul 16 2009 - 07:23:53 CEST

Original text of this message