Re: the passing of a champion

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 02:23:49 GMT

Keith H Duggar wrote:
[...]

> The WWW has turned
> what is typically already open information into closed informa-
> tion through sheer lack of intelligence and insight into infor-
> mation science and has forced what could have been simple quer-
> ies in a straight-forward language into massive amounts of ran-
> dom guesswork.

Just playing Devils avocate ... is this lossiness and non determinism any different to the evolution/collation over the past several thousand   (or more) years of the entire corpus of knowlege (at least that part that is generally accepted as correct).

That said, given we do have better repositories than (say) the scrolls in Carthage, I feel we should be obliged to resist the disorder described by Erik.

Frank. Received on Sun Jul 05 2009 - 04:23:49 CEST

Original text of this message