ASONAM 2009 (20-22 July Athens Greece) Call for Participation

From: <tanseletu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:22:53 -0700 (PDT)

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ASONAM 2009 20-22 July 2009

Athens, Greece

Visit www.asonam.org for more details and to download the program

The study of social networks originated in social and business communities. In recent years, social network research has advanced significantly; the development of sophisticated techniques for Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM) has been highly influenced by the online social websites, email logs, phone logs and instant messaging systems, which are widely analyzed using graph theory and machine learning techniques. People perceive the web increasingly as a social medium that fosters interaction among people, sharing of experiences and knowledge, group activities, community formation and evolution. This can be seen as rising prominence of SNAM in academia, politics, homeland security and business. Many entities of our society evolved into networks in which actors are increasingly dependent on their structural embedding.

The international conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2009) http://www.asonam.org/ will primarily provide an interdisciplinary venue that will bring together practitioners and researchers from a variety of field to promote collaborations and exchange of ideas and practices. ASONAM 2009 is intended to address important aspects with a specific focus on the emerging trends and industry needs associated with social networking analysis and mining. The conference solicits experimental and theoretical work on social network analysis and mining along with its applications to real life situations.

We have put together a very rich academic and social programs. The academic program includes three keynote speakers and a number of high quality papers to be presented by researchers from North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. The social program includes a wonderful banquet on the cruise. Overall, participating in ASONAM2009 will be a wonder experience to always remember. The final program can be downloaded at www.asonam.org

To help you plan your trip to Athens, we started to issue invitation letters to registered participants and authors. Even if you plan to travel with your spouse/ partner we will be happy to include his/her name in the invitation letter. Such letters were very helpful in the previous years and we have a number of couples showing up in Athens.

In case you need an invitation letter, please do register and send us the full name as printed in the passport at asonam2009_at_hau.gr. We will send you the invitation letter by email. Our past experience shows that the embassy accepts print out of the letters sent by email.

We look forward to seeing you in Athens in July 2009 Received on Thu Jul 02 2009 - 08:22:53 CEST

Original text of this message