Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: Walter Mitty <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:50:55 GMT

"DBMS_Plumber" <> wrote in message

>>Lemme add my voice to the amen chorus.

"i don't know anything about quantum mechanics I only know about how to build a chicken hutch can you guys help me understand background radiation and hawking radiation and stuff and please use words i know from build chicken hutches"

Sometimes it comes across more like this:

"I'm not really interested in understanding radiation and stuff like that. I've been tasked to come up with a working model of the universe. And I'm working under a tight deadline, so please don't suggest that I go read a book about the theory of the universe. I don't have time for that.

Right now my model of the universe resembles a giant chicken hutch. I'm OK with that. Chicken hutch construction uses a few very general principles that apply just about anywhere. So I figure they'll be good enough for this project. But I thought I might get the benefit of this group's expertise. Could you please look over my model and tell me if it agrees with current best practices? And if there's something you don't know about chicken hutch building, just ask!" Received on Tue Jun 23 2009 - 13:50:55 CEST

Original text of this message