Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: Gene Wirchenko <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:55:04 -0700

David BL <> wrote:

>On Jun 10, 10:24 am, Bob Badour <> wrote:
>> paul c wrote:
>> Given I already have friends and I already influence people, I have no
>> use for Carnegie's recipes for intellectual dishonesty. I suggest that's
>> more appropriate reading for the snake oil salesmen and
>> self-aggrandizing ignorants.
>Not having read that book myself, I could not say whether it contains
>recipes for intellectual dishonesty. However I think BB would do well
>to think about the idea of being able to influence a wider audience.
>The importance of the relational model need to be pushed, and BB is
>talented enough to do so. I often find myself reading his posts for
>words of wisdom, despite my distaste for his personality.

     If you had to pick one, which would you pick words of wisdom or agreeableness?

     Fabian Pascal gave up on Database Debunking after several years. It was grinding water.

     The same old stupidities keep coming again and again. It is not surprising that people get tired of explaining the same thing over and over.

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.
     You have biases.