Re: Relation subset operators

From: <>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 08:18:54 -0700 (PDT)

On 6 juin, 14:09, paul c <> wrote:
> wrote:
> > "Si l'ensemble des voitures pourpres est un ensemble vide, alors aucun
> > vendeur n'aurait pu vendre la moindre voiture pourpre (pas meme une
> > seule) alors tous les vendeurs les auraient toutes vendues."  I
> > believe you are not aware how that sounds absurd in French...;)
> > ..l.
> Merci beaucoup. Maybe it sounds "fou", what about something more pithy
> like "nothing is true of everything"?
Absurd is not necessarily crazy(fou).

Actually I do respect *absurd* reasonning as a mathematical tool (if you can't prove something is right try to prove that the opposite is wrong)...I just don't believe that a science that does even yet have consensus about how universal quantifiers are defined should even go there. Not for a second. In French: Ne pas mettre la charrue avant les boeufs. Received on Sat Jun 06 2009 - 17:18:54 CEST

Original text of this message