Logic and databases

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 18:46:38 GMT

A couple of books I found interesting in the last couple of years because they try to bridge the subjects were one by a guy named Toon Kooplars, which I've lost at the moment and this one by Date. It seems that google books has some or all of it at

http://books.google.ca/books?id=2egNzTk871wC&pg=PA119&lpg=PA135&ots=jK1eaEZGg6&dq=nothing+from+nothing+mcgoveran+date

I especially liked the first couple of pages of chapter 5, also page 124. Unlike some of the ossified idealogues who write about this stuff, Date has been refining the essence of his opinions and discarding them when necessary, for about thirty years now. He must be getting on now but I find his stuff is becoming clearer and clearer, not as pedagogical/doctrinaire as some of the early stuff. Received on Sun May 31 2009 - 20:46:38 CEST

Original text of this message