Re: Row-level security?

From: lawpoop <>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:29:29 -0700 (PDT)

On May 28, 7:58 pm, Bob Badour <> wrote:
> lawpoop wrote:
> > On May 28, 4:00 pm, lawpoop <> wrote:
> >>I don't think it does. The manual says that, for creating views, "The
> >>SELECT statement cannot refer to system or user variables. "
> > I just tried it, and I got the error, "View's SELECT contains a
> > variable or parameter"
> Without seeing the exact query, it's hard to say what's wrong.
> One can create views that reference the user() function in mysql 5.0

So, USER() returns something like

What one would need to do, then, is create a table of user permissions that has a column of the MySQL username and the client_id, or whatever column you would want to use in restricting on the query. Then create a view that in some place references a join to that table, and puts WHERE username = USER() or whatever in the view's where clause.

Correct? Received on Fri May 29 2009 - 20:29:29 CEST

Original text of this message