Re: ID field as logical address

From: Walter Mitty <>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:46:03 GMT

"Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message
> Walter Mitty wrote:
>> In this thread, I want to further explore the use of ID fields, and
>> approach
>> the question of whether using ID fields is relevant to the discussion of
>> whether an UPDATE is somehow different from a DELETE followed by an
> So we're explicitly talking about SQL here, is that right?

My bad. I'm using SQL terminology because it comes naturally to me. But I don't intend to limit the discussion to SQL.

There are interface languages other than SQL where the same distinction might be made. I'd be interested to know whether this distinction is meaningful at all in the D language. If so, what terminology would be used in that context? Received on Fri May 29 2009 - 15:46:03 CEST

Original text of this message