Re: Natural keys vs Aritficial Keys

From: David BL <>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 06:38:53 -0700 (PDT)

On May 29, 8:27 pm, "Walter Mitty" <> wrote:
> "David BL" <> wrote in message
> > Can you explain why you want to compare [a variable that records a set
> > of values] to [a set of variables]? It doesn't seem to reflect the
> > actual situation under discussion.
> I was using the wording I got from the following para:
> "The ORM idea makes the blunder because it assumes incorrectly that the
> values within a set can be identified independently of their value.
> ORM wants to make this assumption so that a variable that records a
> set of values can instead be interpreted as a set of variables."
> You wrote that, didn't you?

Sorry, ok I understand how I created the confusion, and I should have written it better. It's funny because it's the same parsing ambiguity that confused me previously. I meant of course that what the relvar variable (currently) records can instead be interpreted as a set of variables. Received on Fri May 29 2009 - 15:38:53 CEST

Original text of this message