Re: Natural keys vs Aritficial Keys

From: Walter Mitty <wamitty_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:27:45 GMT

"David BL" <davidbl_at_iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:e09d261a-2a9a-4e73-a9fd-a48e45d5f42d_at_z7g2000vbh.googlegroups.com...

> Can you explain why you want to compare [a variable that records a set
> of values] to [a set of variables]? It doesn't seem to reflect the
> actual situation under discussion.

I was using the wording I got from the following para:

"The ORM idea makes the blunder because it assumes incorrectly that the values within a set can be identified independently of their value. ORM wants to make this assumption so that a variable that records a set of values can instead be interpreted as a set of variables."

You wrote that, didn't you? Received on Fri May 29 2009 - 14:27:45 CEST

Original text of this message