Re: Natural keys vs Aritficial Keys

From: Tony Toews [MVP] <ttoews_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:55:06 GMT

Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>And no synthetic key will solve the problem that someone was stupid
>enough to fill a warehouse with no internal subdivision and no way to
>identify where in the warehouse inventory was put. (In the example
>cited, the warehouse being a huge gravel field.)

No, not having internal subdivisions was not the problem. People errors were the problem. Which happens in every project large or small. Trouble is these are among the larger projects. One job site at which I worked had 15,000 construction people on site building the plant.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP