Re: implement a referential integrity constraint (long)

From: Gene Wirchenko <>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:18:24 -0700

"Walter Mitty" <> wrote:

>However, when I recommend this to you, xyzzy, I think you will treat my
>suggestion with the caveat it deserves. BTW, I'm sorry you're stuck in a
>database that resembles a bunch of twisty little passages, all different.

     Aren't they all the same?  Over and over again.

     It is hardly that it has never been seen before.

     For those who have led a sheltered life:

     Announcing a new beginning for Entity Attribute Value DBMSs: EVE.
Do not put your constraint handling under one roof when you can apply it all over on the eaves. Applications are for applying. ... Excuse me. I am getting ill. You should, too.

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.
     You have biases.