Re: Constraints or assertions

From: Bob Badour <>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 12:39:22 -0300

Roy Hann wrote:

> AK wrote:

>>I have posted a few ideas on implementing business rules in the
>>I am very interested in feedback.

> So you really just want general constraints like in ANSI/ISO SQL92.
> The standard syntax is CREATE ASSERTION.
> I agree that any SQL DBMS would benefit from the ability to enforce
> general constraints.

There is that, but I was also going to suggest the OP read the Lorentzos/Date/Darwen book on Temporal Data.

The specific example he gave involves foreign key references to an interval data type--one for which the DURING keyword might seem strange from an english perspective but perfectly acceptable from a formal perspective. Received on Tue May 05 2009 - 17:39:22 CEST

Original text of this message