Re: Grouping by aggregates in SQL

From: Tegiri Nenashi <>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:08:45 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <>

On Apr 27, 4:33 am, Roy Hann <specia..._at_processed.almost.meat> wrote:
> c.d.t. is the wrong forum to ask this question, but I reckon it's a
> good place to find folk who've Got a Clue (tm).  :-)
> Which SQL dialects have you encountered that support aggregates in the
> GROUP BY clause?  

In 99% of the cases the content of the GROUP BY clause is unambiguously defined by what a user wrote in the SELECT clause. The other 1% is covered by the inline view facility. Why do you need aggregates in the GROUP BY clause? Received on Mon Apr 27 2009 - 17:08:45 CEST

Original text of this message