Grouping by aggregates in SQL

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 06:33:48 -0500

c.d.t. is the wrong forum to ask this question, but I reckon it's a good place to find folk who've Got a Clue (tm). :-)

Which SQL dialects have you encountered that support aggregates in the GROUP BY clause?

That's not something I'd ever have tried if I hadn't just seen it being tried. I take little interest the SQL standards and stopped studying anything post SQL92, but every once in a while I stub my toe on something and have to switch on the lights whether I like it or not.

--
Roy