Re: storing survey answers of different data types

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:14:48 GMT

Joe Thurbon wrote:
> Agreed. The cost may be in the complexity of the resultant schema.

"Cost' is one of those words that gets sloughed off too often. If the requirement requires complexity, it requires complexity. I have never seen a user who insisted on a requirement that was essential to the endeavour who paid any attention to the system complexity cost needed for his requirement. I remember one big-shot who tried and tried to understand what the techies were telling him about their own little problems resource problems and was befuddled by their jargon when finally, he simply asked, "is this a problem that can be solved with money?'. All the objections to his requirement disappeared almost overnight. Received on Sun Apr 26 2009 - 03:14:48 CEST

Original text of this message