Re: A new db model/design

From: <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 03:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 8, 3:33 pm, Roy Hann <specia..._at_processed.almost.meat> wrote:
> vld..._at_yahoo.com wrote:

> >> From the above paper: <<In the relational model we represent knowledge
> >> by columns>> Eeeeek !!!
>
> > It seems to me that you didn't understand something in the above
> > paper?
>
> Oh, trust us, WE understand just fine.
>
> --
> Roy

Of course I am not against criticism, so if you have some remark – let me know, but please be specific. As I wrote it seems to me that Cimode misunderstood something in the paper.
I believe that he interchanges:
information and knowledge;
attribute and knowledge about attribute; logical sentence and factual sentence.
On the other hand I believe that Cimode has in mind “Information Principle” which one of versions is: “The entire information content of a relational database is represented in one and only one way: namely, as attribute values within tuples within relations.”
By the way I couldn’t find a definition about attribute in Relation model.

Vladinir Odrljin Received on Mon Mar 09 2009 - 11:36:46 CET

Original text of this message