Re: Best way to design table to store attributes?

From: DBMS_Plumber <paul_geoffrey_brown_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:48:28 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 24, 1:44 pm, patrick..._at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyone else? Why are we worried about state here? Carl, if you're
> still reading, why are you writing a state machine? Or are you?

You can say:

"it's a graph"

or

"it's a sparse matrix"

But the point is, it's a mapping from set A to set B.

And Bob's point is that there are other ways to model mappings, especially the kind of sparse mapping associated with human preferences among 150 choices, than as a dense matrix. Received on Wed Jan 28 2009 - 05:48:28 CET

Original text of this message