Re: A different definition of MINUS, Part 3

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 08:00:46 -0800

paul c wrote:
> search the formal definition at
> http://www.dcs.warwick.ac.uk/~hugh/TTM/APPXA.pdf}
> and you will see that there is no mention of 'assignment' or 'principle.

They aren't mentioned anywhere, but the part that really matters is the FORMAL definitions which occupy a mere three pages, easy enough to memorize.

Some oldtimers will remember the "green card" which had nothing to do with US Immigration. I've often thought I'd prefer a green card portabilizing only those three pages (pages 12 through 14). They would be number-stamped and signed out to all database programmers. Losing one would be treated as the same offence as a soldier losing his rifle. Received on Sat Dec 20 2008 - 17:00:46 CET

Original text of this message