Re: native xml processing vs what Postgres and Oracle offer

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:45:45 -0500

"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message news:nUeXk.560$si6.520_at_edtnps83...

> rpost wrote:

>> paul c wrote:
>>
>>> patrick61z_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>> Nobody said there's anything wrong with hierarchical displays (or
>>> hierarchical physical storage for that matter).
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> As the general level of literacy continues to decline more and more of
>>> those who fail to recognize the possibility of a logical model will have
>>> to put up with that dwindling breed.
>>
>> You're evading the question.
>
> What question would that be?  (The original question was to do with the
> best product to use to display hierarchical data.  The OP planned to
> invent his own forum, presumably not Usenet-based.  I pointed out that he
> was wrong to assume a forum is hierarchical.)

Pardon me for sticking my nose in, Paul, but you are ignoring facts as plain as day: The content of a forum is a directed graph without any circuits--that is, a collection of trees--each message being a node and each response being a directed edge. How can you possibly argue that it is not heirarchical? Received on Sun Nov 30 2008 - 22:45:45 CET

Original text of this message