Indian Railways goes the Bollywood way!

From: Kuldeep <>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 01:34:48 -0800 (PST)

Having undergone a spectacular profit making journey in its passenger and freight carrying business, Indian Railways is now turning to Bollywood to boost its coffers.

The Railways would provide the film-makers its vast infrastructure -- trains, platforms, stations -- for shooting and has in fact come up with a ‘Film Cell’ to felicitate its business with the tinsel industry.

"Earlier, the film-makers had to go through a lengthy process for getting permission to shoot in our sites. We have, now, set up a film cell to make the process of getting permission more prompt and timebound,"  Central Railways spokesperson A K Jain said from Mumbai.http://, Railway reservation.

According to Jain, this new venture of railways would help it in generating more revenue which will eventually be spent on the improvement of basic amenities and other facilities for its passengers. Received on Wed Nov 26 2008 - 10:34:48 CET

Original text of this message