Re: native xml processing vs what Postgres and Oracle offer

From: <rboudjakdji_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 02:17:04 -0800 (PST)

On 20 nov, 16:04, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote: [Snipped]
> The supposed application of XML today reminds me of all this - very
> precise syntax sitting on an amorphous hodge-podge of undefined informal
> concepts.  Whatever meaning those concepts have is murky and jumbled,
> very little separation of concepts, more concerned with presentation
> than with any formal data organization.
Hi paul...

He he he...Would not that also describe HTML? I somehow believe that HTML is even a more perfect representation of chaos than XML. I even call it the perfect class in an OO perspective: a perfect stack of various concepts designed for presentation...Still I respect HTML because, it, at least does not have any other pretention than presenting... Received on Sun Nov 23 2008 - 11:17:04 CET

Original text of this message