Re: Long column names...Performance issues?

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 05:29:19 -0800 (PST)

>> I would like to hear from the community what you all feel are best practices regarding naming conventions, and how they affect your environment. <<

Get a few copies of SQL PROGRAMMING STYLE and use it to set shop standards. It is based on the ISO-11179 rules and research that we did decades ago on code readability. It also has the advantage of being an outside source so you can avoid internal fights -- blame Celko instead of each other :). Received on Fri Nov 21 2008 - 14:29:19 CET

Original text of this message